someone take the internet away from me please .-.
I love the last wow omfg
Mads Mikkelsen + Smiling because he is a beautiful human being
smiling danish bb ^__^
NO GUYS HE MOST PROBABLY DOESN’T
- he’s really sarcastic about his face quite often - he makes funny comments about it all the time but I don’t think he’d just suddenly get all depressive in an interview and say he wanted his face to be burned off
- have you read the original interview? it’s incredibly…prissy-ish - like the language and style and it’s basically got like three quotes from him that can certainly be used in many contexts
- the language used, even in the quotes, doesn’t sound like Mads - Mads’ way of talking is like super simple, straight to the point and jokey - not long beautiful, brutal sentences
- i think the interviewer was probably trying to make some scene just because mads referred to himself as funny-looking. But the thing is, describing oneself as funny looking is quirky and cute, but not wishing to mutilate oneself - which is why i don’t think Mads would do the latter.
- Mads has always come off as pretty nonchalantly cool about his face - he’s always gloated about being Sexiest Man, and how he was way sexier than Daniel Craig etc etc - I mean he may feel like he’s funny looking but he certainly embraces his sexiness
My theory is that he was saying something about his face in relation to Hannibal, and not his own life. One of the only quotes directly from Mads is related to Hannibal - and I have a feeling that Mads was talking about how Hannibal would embrace beauty etc etc - but probably referred to himself as funny looking, and the interviewer probably just went into heat and wrote prose about ‘depressed Mads.’
haha I feel better now :3
As a person who’s dealt with (and still kinda does deal) with self-image I understand what Mads is going through. its a hard thing to deal with not thinking you fit the “definition of beauty”
for those who say hes fine because he smiles and seems so happy. I just wanna say that you can hide all the pain behind a smile
What would happen if Lee Pace and Mads Mikkelsen switched eyebrows
IM CRYIN G
Mads at The Salvation premiere in Paris tonight!
Source: Violette Loiseau on twitter
Changed my profile pic for bloody monday
Before this experience gets tainted by negative people who don’t realize the level of hypocrisy to which they have risen, I wanted to get my experience out there.
I feel like the group of people I met this weekend were on the forefront of something big for Hannibal and Mads and were were part of the tapestry that will weave his and the show’s history. He might not know us personally but he knows that part of him becoming a star in the US is because of our admiration of him and from what I witnessed, he’s grateful for it.
I also want to say that I was really nervous about attending this convention. I’m usually a relaxed person but my hesitation came about because of some physical ailments I’ve been having recently.
I had meniscus surgery on both knees within the last two years and once they went it to repair the tears, I developed Stage IV arthritis in both knees for which I now need a double knee replacement.
I usually just walk with cane but I knew with the amount of walking that was going to be involved this weekend I’d need to borrow something to get around with so I borrowed a scooter from a family friend for the weekend.
This is what made me really nervous. ‘What will people think? Will they think it’s because of my weight and not another physical issue that she needs that?’ All of these things and more were running through my head that I did not think about when I purchased the tickets so I had a month to sit and marinade in my thoughts.
There was no going back at this point so I bit the bullet and headed to Monster Mania.
So accurate! best time ever
Oh wow! hello there new people shocked how so many of y’all follow me
thank you guys soooo much! you guys are the greatest ! :]